The Signature Star program is Loganlea's academic excellence program covering the core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and Humanities. From year 7 to year 10 students are timetabled together for most core classes, focusing on higher order thinking and key skills that are essential for an ATAR pathway. The English and Humanities component focuses on critical thinking, reading and writing excellence. The Mathematics and Science component has a strong focus on project based learning and incorporates STEAM excellence (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics).
- Students play an active role in their school and take shared responsibility for its culture and reputation.
- Students conduct themselves with a high ethical and moral standard, even when no-one is looking and encourage their peers to do the same.
- Students intentionally seek to be peer learners and coaches.
- Students persist when learning challenging concepts and apply this skill across all domains of their lives.
- Students become informed and productive citizens in the global economy.