Loganlea State High School offers students the opportunity to be part of our school Instrumental Music Program. As places are limited, students who are interested in participating in this exciting program are required to sit musical testing. Notification of the result will be issued during term 1 each year.
As a member of the Instrumental Music Program, students will partake in free weekly group lessons, provided by Education Queensland Instrumental Music Teachers, on the instrument of their choice, or best suited to their needs. Lessons are 35 minutes per week, and are held on a rotational timetable during school time, at the school. When students reach an appropriate level they are invited to join the concert band.
Students have a choice of these instruments:
Why play music?
- Musical training is linked to improved attention and working memory.
- Music training is a rich, multimodal experience that has been found to modify the brain in many positive ways.
- Sound processing in the brain makes young musicians better learners, which can generalize the benchmark such as standardized tests and grades that society values in education.
- Music learning increases our executive functions, especially the ability to pay attention and not get distracted.
- Music learning hones our auditory processing system. This helps us separate sounds out from noise and detect tiny differences in language sounds.
- Maintain an interest and support your child's music study, including practice (15-20 mins per day), attendance at lessons and rehearsals.
- Provide a suitable place for my child to practice
- Provide a safe place to store the instrument and help keep it clean and in working order.
- Music fees paid in full or a regular payment plan by Friday 31st March each year.
- Attend all lessons and rehearsals as required.
- Practice regularly at home for at least 15 - 20 minutes a day.
- Participate in all concerts in and outside school and workshops.
Loganlea State High School has a selection of instruments available for students to hire.
SIGN UP BELOW
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC - SIGN UP NOW